Monday, October 15, 2012

Pumpkin Picking and Carving

Found a deal on Groupon for a visit to a local Ontario farm that offered a corn maze, and free pumpkin picking. Even better, the original deal costing $10 was awarded to me free with a $10 promotion from Groupon. The corn maze was more difficult than I intended, it got tiring and a bit chilly. By the time the day was over, I had a quite enjoyable time exploring the farm, having some corn on the cob, squash soup, and hot dog to feed my appetite, and picking out a pumpkin.

The following week was time to carve the pumpkins. It was much more harder than anticipated, considering we didn't have the right cutting tools, so I just used a kitchen knife and a zapto knife. By the end of the carving and the taking out all the junk, I was impressed with myself for doing it. It was my first time too!

No comments:

Post a Comment